Tuesday, February 10, 2009

ok is is not spring, however...

IN:
Well I see by the date on my Grocery list this is still February. Isn’t this the month for Valentines’? I thought it was already Spring. The trees are budding around here. I think there a lot of dogwoods here. They will be pretty soon I am sure.
The word Valentine brings back some memories. I have never been married, always too busy. Looking back, no wonder I was such a good student, I was dedicated. No girl was going to stop me from reaching daddy’s goal for me.
There were a couple. One at Duke that set my heart on fire, but graduate studies would not allow me the luxury. I settled for the new Corvette from dad. He was so pleased with my doctorate, I was too. But after, I felt so hollow. She went on to marry a classmate. I went to the wedding and wished her well, but I think of her often. But bury yourself in work and you reach the top, and I did. You know what you hear; it is lonely at the top. It really is, if you do not have someone to share it with. Believe me dad’s do not count. I did not stay long on top. I had a friend, don’t we all. He went with the Company. Yeah we talked, I quit. Dad was pissed, to say the least. But I disappeared. Man was that the life.. wow.
OUT:

No comments:

Post a Comment