Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just more in the woods.

IN
Well, we have decided on the spring. It will be really something. I think anyone would love it, if I can accomplish what I plan. I learned a lot with the Company. Sometimes using the stealth facts I learned there, I can get within ten or fifteen feet of the boys, and hear their conversations. Oh I know their names. The black kid is Sticky. The smart kid is Buddy and Tuck is the boy who will be an outdoorsman and hunter. That J.Leon is a little hard to read. I think he could easily get into deep trouble. He pushes his luck, as we used to say.
I will follow them in a couple days to the river. These boys are going to spend the night on an Island in the river. My father would never have allowed that. But somehow poorer kids make do with what they have. They can figure on their own, because they are on their on a lot, both parents work in the Mills.
Sticky’s mother works for some rich lady in town. Her husband owns a couple of the cotton mills. I may be getting too involved in the boy’s lives. I have plenty to do here at my home. I have lots of plans.
OUT

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Rags. I haven't figured out, yet, whether you are real, or a "figment", as you say, of someone's imagination. I will assume that you are real. Do you live in Indiana? Tell us more about your living quarters and conditions. You have a very interesting blog. You should post a picture of you. Nice dog, though. Have a safe, warm January. Keep posting. Gordon

    ReplyDelete